Polishing the Look of Your Syllabus
Mon, 01/21/2008 - 15:50 — bxb11
Rules of Thumb - Use:
- Clear 12 point type
- San serif fonts for headings, serif for text
- Bullets for clarity
- Bolding and italics for emphasis
- Two fonts per document, maximum
- Make sure all links are working
- Make sure students can easily print your syllabi.
- Decide if your syllabi will be one long page, or several linked pages
- One long online page is easier to print, but it is easier to become lost in the document.
- Don’t load your syllabi with large graphics, sounds, or videos - It takes too long to load the page