During the weekend of May 15, Information Technology Services plans to upgrade Penn State’s Course Management System, ANGEL, from version 7.3 to 7.4. The new version will feature enhancements to several existing tools, and several new tools will help course editors perform administrative tasks. During the upgrade procedure, service may be unavailable.
Note: ITS is still testing the version 7.4 system and may uncover issues that will prevent the upgrade from occurring at this time.
The new version of ANGEL includes several new tools and enhancements includeing
* New quizzing tool "Assessments" with additional options than old Quiz tool
* New Survey tool
* New Merged Roster Manager
* New tools to insert media from YouTube and Picasa
* New Rubric Manager Tool
* New Course Related News Feeds
* New Lesson Plan Editor
* New Course Copy tool (replaces Import/Export Wizards)
* Easier access to Dropbox submissions
Other tools and enhancements
For more details about the new features, please read the information at