EGC Update June 5 2009
The following remain open issues:
- OPP Complete Lab Interior
- Still waiting on some audio cables for the consoles. Once I have them and install them, the contract is fulfilled. 2nd request sent to Diversified Systems.
- Working on Mobility Ports install. Hub is run, but no jacks installed yet.
- Dave Hollen working on this.
- Setting up OPP meeting to determine what's left on their end.
- Contacted Kevin Bryerton, OPP Lead, for update.
EGC PR & Materials
- Met with Derick on Lab Signs in Findlay.
- Email sent to Scott Hord, OPP, detailing our needs.
EGC 2009 Engagement Initiative
- Mary Shoemaker
- MoU for project, 1st draft complete.
- Bim Angst
- MoU for Project underway. Answering questions from her now.
EGC Community Site
- Working on adding book pages on both engagement projects.
EGC Game Development
- Jason is specking out game code for both projects.
EGC Faculty & Individual Consultations
- Consulted with Diane Spokus on using Second Life for virtual meetings.
- Karl Reichard and several grad student performed sound checks in the lab. All looks very good! You can't hear any noise in the bigger PC lab. The only noise is coming from the door, and adding seals there will reduce that to almost nothing.
- John Messner's Proposal to create a virtual construction simulator was accepted by the NSF! The EGC had an instrumental part in the conceptualization of this grant. The EGC will continue to brainstorm with John throughout the development process. See http://gaming.psu.edu/node/834 for my thoughts.